Carrier circuit board kit P/N 325878-751
This main control board kit replaces part numbers: HK42FZ004, HK42FZ007, HK42FZ008, HK42FZ009, HK42FZ011, HK42FZ016
The main board in this kit is P/N HK42FZ034. If you are replacing a circuit board with one of the above part numbers you will need this kit. It contains necessary wiring harness for changes along with instructions.
Also replaces HK42FZ013
Some models this board is used in begin with: 340MAV, 345MAV, 350MAV, 351DA, 373LAV, 376CAV, 383KAV, 393AAV, 395CAV, 480BAV, 481BAV, 490AAV, 58MCA, 58MSA, 58MXA, 58PAV, 58RAV, 58WAV, 58YAV, 58ZAV, GB1AAV, GB3AAV, PG8DAA, PG8UAA, PG9MAA.
Instruction sheet for installing new style board.
Genuine Carrier parts.
There is a replacement board on the market for this board that is made by ICM. I have been asked repeatedly why the Carrier replacement is more expensive. The following is cut and pasted from an email from Carrier Corp and explains the difference in the 2 boards.
Thanks for the note. We're asking because we've found out that some of our dealers are using ICM controls in our furnaces. I must inform you that our Engineering community has reviewed the specs on ICM boards, and have determined the following issues:
- This control has 60 second on-delay only. If used on an 80% product it will have major HX (heat exchanger) failure issues.
- Since they do not detect furnace type or backward compatibility they probably only have one post purge timing. They may not have pre-purge or post purge at all.
- The cool relay is rated for 10 amps only and ours is rated for 20 amps.
- We have an unpublished internal safety algorithm that this control does not have. It relates to flame sense.
- If running continuous fan or heat pump mode they may not shut the blower off when the igniter is energized. If not this could cause nuisance circuit breaker trips.
- The control has higher resistance load resistors and may have compatibility problems with some thermostats. (Based on photo)
- The control may not shut off the HSI the moment that flame is sensed. This will give reduced reliability on a Power Heat igniter.
- When replacing one control in twinned furnaces both controls must be changed.
- Carrier's flame sense software is quite extensive in regards to checking the circuitry and how it detects flame. This control may not supply the same level of safety as their software.
- These controls may not be UL or CSA listed.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 25 April, 2005.